Silva is a Zope-based web application designed for the creation and management of structured, textual content. Silva allows users to enter new documents as well as edit existing documents using a web interface.
Silva stores the content in a structured format (XML), and keeps a strict separation between the way the content is used and the way it is presented. This leads to several important advantages:
- The same content can be used in different media, such as the web, paper, or word processor content. Web publication of content is native to Silva as it is based on Zope, but Silva also has export filters to PDF and MS Word, and more can be built when the demand arises. Note: these export filters are not included in this release. They will be released as separate applications (Docma).
- The content is future proofed and not out of date as soon as you want to use a new system or present it in a different way.
- The structuring of the content facilitates more sophisticated searching and indexing.
Silva supports (but does not require) a separation between authors who can create new content and editors who can approve whether content actually gets published. It also allows delegation of editing or authoring responsibilities of a section of the publication to others. Thus, users can be empowered (avoiding a single-person bottleneck), without the loss of editorial control.
To assist in the publication process, Silva implements workflow where multiple versions of the same document are kept around at the same time. One version of a particular document may be published while another version can be edited at the same time.
Silva is extensible with new document types and other types of content objects.
After installing Silva in your Zope, you can go there by an URL such as:
this will show the public page of the silva root; just a simple demo page.
To see Silva in its full glory, type /edit after the url (you can do this for any Silva object):
Silva 2.2 (2010-03-31)
- A simple PhotoGallery demo view have been added to use on any container.
- Silva Links now support again relative links.
- SilvaExternalSources is installed by default, and the toc element in the default created SilvaDocument have been removed.
- Deprecate Products.Silva.helpers.makeContainerFilter and makeZMIFilter (makeZMIFilter was moved to silva.core.conf.utils). Fix signature checking in Folder.filtered_meta_types.
- kupu: the link input field in the link toolbox was changed to be a textarea. In 2.2 releases prior to 2.2 final, the input field changed to a textarea on focus and back to an input field onblur, so long urls where easier to view. This caused confusing 'double clicking' behavior in order to manually add or update a link (first to unfocus, second to update)
- The formulator lookupwindow field changed to a textarea to address the same concerns as the link toolbox in kupu mentioned above.
|Products.Silva-2.2.tar.gz||2010 3 31 12:14:52||9.1 MB|
FMI contact Infrae : info at infrae.com.