Silva 1.5.8 Released
Publication date: 20.November.2006, 18:58
6 november 2006 – Infrae has just released version 1.5.8 of the Silva content management system. This is a maintenance release that fixes various issues:
- Non-ASCII characters in names or values of CodeSource paramaters no longer result in errors.
- Incorrect links entered by hand or imported broke the path adapter. Since this made editing the document impossible, defensive code is added.
- Anchors around divs break in Explorer, so they were put inside the divs in the xslt renderer.
- The user settings screen did not work when a user did not have sufficient rights in the Silva Root.
- The forms editor should now not throw out URL fragment information (#foo). This fixes issue 1592.
- Browser language settings was ignoring the English language (issue 1572).
See HISTORY.txt in the package for complete details of the fixed issues.
What is Silva?
Silva is an enterprise-class CMS for managing content for the web, print, and other media. Content is stored in clean and future-proof XML, independent of layout and presentation. Features include a multi-version workflow system, XSLT rendering support, integral WYSIWYG editor (Kupu), content reuse in multiple publications, sophisticated access management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, and hi-res image storage and manipulation. Silva is entirely open source.
For more complete information, see the Silva Product Pages at: http://www.infrae.com/products/silva.
The package can be downloaded from: http://www.infrae.com/download/Silva.
Links to developer mailing lists, the issue tracker, and info about SVN access can be found on the Silva Product pages.
FMI contact Eric Casteleijn, eric at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.