- New Silva Management Interface (SMI).
- It is now possible to create your own SMI theme to give it your company/organization look and feel.
- Site authors and editors now use the new CKEditor wysiwyg editor, the built-in form editor support has been removed.
- Fullscreen functionality makes it possible to work and preview in a wide screen layout.
- A new Code Source Service allows Code Sources to be managed efficiently. It lists all usable code sources in the site and provides quick access to them. In a glance, you can determine which Code Sources are broken in your site. You can also install Code Sources directly from the filesystem. The definition of Code Sources on the filesystem is extremely simple as well. After they're installed, you can update a Code Source in the ZMI from its filesystem definition.
New developer features
- Major cleanup of the APIs, all methods used by the old SMI have been removed. When needed, adapters provide this functionality now.
- Silva root creation process has been reviewed and implemented as a suite of events. This makes it possible to have extensions that plug actions in at that moment. There is no longer a large install method.
Silva Content Layout
This extension provides a Content Layout Editor with a drag-and-drop interface for partitioning and modifying rich media components. Two content types offer flexibility layout options and management:
- Silva Page: resembles a Silva Document but instead of having a single column of content it contains predefined sections, called Slots, to which you can add a variety of Components.
- Silva Page Model: A Silva page model allows you to create a model for a specific type of Page that can be reused as a template for a page with optional restrictions.
The silva.app.sitemap extension generates XML sitemaps that help search engines such as Google to index sites (ref. http://www.sitemaps.org/). A 'sitemap.xml' view will be available on every folder of the site.
A Silva service handles configuration of which content should appear in the sitemap and automatically excludes protected areas.
This extension provides a facility to define advanced virtual hosting strategies within Silva. It obviates the need to maintain separate rewrite rules in web server software and brings many advantages. When the extension is used the CMS 'knows' about which virtual host it's serving content from and uses that information for presentation, robust references, and access control.
New code sources
- Vimeo code source, thanks to WU Vienna University of Economics and Business
Improved code sources
- Portlet Element
- Encaptionated Image
- Flash Source
- YouTube Video
Removed Silva features
- Silva Groups are gone in favor of a PAS based solution.
Silva for mobile devices
Silva integrates with Mobi, a middleware suite for detecting mobile devices. Silva provides a layout system that is able to choose the best presentation for a mobile device or computer.
For more technical information on Mobi have a look at the product page http://infrae.com/download/mobi.
Silva News Network
- Silva News Network 2.9 has been refactored with improved calendaring functionality.