The following types of content can be imported into Silva:
- assets such as images, files and videos can be uploaded
- spreadsheet data - csv data
The import area is reached via the contents screen by clicking on the import... button on the upper right.
Fig. 1. Click on "import..." in the contents screen
Fig. 2. Import and extract zip archive form
If you need to upload multiple assets, the easiest way is to create a zip file on your local disk containing all the assets, and import that. Silva will extract all the assets and place them in the current location.
In the contents screen click on import...
In the import and extract zip archive (.zip) section of the import form, browse to and select the file on your disk (Fig. 2).
Configure the import options.
Click the import zip button (alt-z).
- file to upload
- Make a zip file containing all the assets you want to import . After selecting the file on your disk you’ll see the path in this field.
- title for assets
- If a title is filled in, all imported assets will be given the title.
- If the zip file contains subdirectories, checking this checkbox will tell Silva to create folders that match the hierarchy in the zip.
- replace content
- Existing content, with the same id's, can be overwritten without the need to republish. So if you're uploading replacements for items that already exist, e.g. modified images, checking this checkbox will ensure that the ‘originals’ are replaced. Otherwise a new item is created with a number appended to the same name.